Offshore Intrepid Jackup Snags LOI to Operate in Arabian Gulf
Scorpion Offshore has announced that its 5th rig, the Offshore Intrepid, chartered by Odfjell Drilling Services ("ODS"), received a Letter of Intent ("LOI") for operations in the Arabian Gulf beginning second quarter 2009. The LOI was issued by Al-Khafji Joint Operations to Odfjell Drilling Services. The contract duration is 41 months and is anticipated to be signed within 2 weeks.
The oil company KJO is situated in the neutral zone between Saudi Arabia and Kuwait and is operated by Saudi Aramco and Kuwait Natural Oil Company(KNOC).
The Offshore Intrepid is currently being constructed at Keppel AmFELS in Brownsville, Texas and is scheduled for delivery on January 24, 2009.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)
Company: Keppel FELS more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Floatel Triumph, Upcoming Work at Wheatstone Field (Sep 30)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackup UMW Naga 8 to Malaysia's UMW Oil & Gas (Sep 02)
Company: Scorpion Offshore more info
- Seadrill's Mandatory Offer to Purchase All Scorpion Shares (Jul 15)
- Seadrill Increases Ownership in Scorpion Offshore (May 31)
- UPDATE: Ensco Ends Partial Offer for Scorpion Offshore (May 28)
Company: Al-Khafji Joint Operations (KJO) more info
- Kuwait Emir: Exports from Joint Oil Fields with Saudi to Resume (Jan 21)
- McDermott Bags Hout Field Platform Project from Al-Khafji Joint Operations (May 04)
- Offshore Intrepid Jackup Snags LOI to Operate in Arabian Gulf (Dec 30)