Inpex Nabs Interest in Ecuadorian Block 18
Inpex is pleased to announce that its wholly owned subsidiary Teikoku Oil Ecuador (TOE) has been granted approval by the Ecuadorian authority and reached a final agreement with Petrobras Energia S.A. to acquire a 40% participating interest of Block 18 from EcuadorTLC S.A., a wholly owned subsidiary of Petrobras Energia.
The block is located in Oriente Basin, the eastern part of Ecuador, which covers an area of 1,138km2. After this acquisition, TOE will hold a 40% participating interest, leaving EcuadorTLC (operator) with a 30% participating interest, Cayman International Exploration Company S.A. with a 18% participating interest and Petromanabi with a 12% participating interest.
In Block 18, 30 thousand barrels of oil per day is currently being produced. Additional production is expected through the future development activities.
Inpex has been focusing upon Latin American countries as one of its international business core areas. Inpex have been involved in exploration, development and production activities in Brazil, Venezuela and Mexico. The acquisition of Block 18 will further expand Inpex's upstream activities in Latin America countries.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)