Iran Signs Exploration Contracts with OMV & Edison
National Iranian Oil Company has awarded two exploration contracts to Edison Gas and OMV valued at a combined total of $82 million. These two contracts cover the Munir and Mehr onshore exploration blocks in southern Iran.
Mahmoud Mohaddes, head of NIOC's exploration department said that drilling operations should begin soon. Munir field covers an area of 3,200 square kilometers and is adjacent to Gachsaran and Bibi Hakimeh fields in the province of Boyer Ahmad and Koh Kiloyeh. The Mehr block is located in the province of Khouzestan in southwest Iran.
Edison Gas was awarded the contract for Munir and OMV was awarded the contract for Mehr.
- Qatargas Signs Deal To Deliver LNG To Austria's OMV (Dec 20)
- CEO: OMV To Become Bigger, Grow Marketing Outside Of Europe (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Edison more info
- Louisiana LNG Project Gains European Customer (Sep 27)
- Sources: Total-Led Consortium Bids for Greek Offshore Gas Drilling Block (Feb 05)
- Edison Looks to Sell Part of Egypt's Abu Qir Field (Jan 14)