Total Would Like to Swap Acreage with ONGC
Total is offering to trade stakes in some of its offshore acreage for interest in three ONGC blocks located offshore Western India. Total is interested in acquiring a 20-40% stake with or without operatorship. Total has identified the shallow water block GS-OSN-2001/1 in Gujarat Saurashtra basin and the deepwater block CY-DWN-2001/1 in Kaveri Basin from the blocks awarded to ONGC during NELP-III and deepwater block GK-DW-1 in Kutch Saurashtra as it has a deep water block in the adjoining area across the border (in Pakistani territory) where a deep water well is planned to be drilled.
The ONGC board met earlier this month and decided the proposal deserved consideration and has signed a Memorandum of Cooperation with Total. However, no specific blocks were identified. The MoC covers intellectual knowledge sharing in areas where the parties are in a position to complement each other; swapping of information and collaboration in acreages presenting similar exploration potential and risk factor; collaboration and sharing of expertise in ONGC's deepwater acreages and adjacent area; and collaboration in future opportunities.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: ONGC more info
Operates 41 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)