Det Norske Offered Operatorship in Several Norwegian Sea Licenses
Det norske oljeselskap emerged as a winner in the Awards in Predefined Areas (APA) 2008 licensing round. Following this award, Det norske has ownership in 46 licenses and is operator for 26 licenses.
As many as 47 companies applied for acreage in the APA 2008 round.
In total, Norwegian authorities have offered 34 licenses to 40 companies, with 19 companies being offered a role as operator.
Det norske has been offered ownership in seven licenses, and the role as operator in five of these.
Vice President Exploration in Det norske, Tom Bugge, is very pleased with this result. "The offer is in line with what we applied for. This will strengthen our position in the Jotun- area, the southern North Sea and in the Norwegian Sea. I see this as a declaration of confidence in the work we do. Based on this, we can further develop Det norske as the most aggressive explorer on the Norwegian shelf. Frankly, I am overwhelmed by the positive reaction we have received for our application. "
The license offers include two commitment wells. In other licenses Det norske will perform initial work before any drilling decision is made.
Det norske has been offered the operatorship in license number 500 on the Norwegian shelf. The ownership stake is 35%, with Skeie Energy and Spring Energy as partners. The license is located east of Draupne, where Det norske made a discovery this spring. This is a core area for the company.
In license 504, Det norske is offered the operatorship and a 58.5% stake. Petoro and Dana Petroleum are partners. This license is located close to the Jotun field.
Det norske is also offered a 30 percent stake and the operatorship in license 512, located south of Njord. Partners include Bayerngas Norge, Repsol Exploration and Svenska Petroleum Norway. Spanish major Repsol is now back on the Norwegian shelf in cooperation with Det norske.
In license 497, Det norske is offered a 35% stake, as well as the operatorship. Partners are Bridge Energy, Dana Petroleum and Lotos. The license is located in the southern part of the North Sea, northwest of Ula and close to PL 450, where Det norske is operator with a 75 percent holding.
Det norske has also been offered a 100% share in PL 332B, close to the Midgard field in the Norwegian Sea.
Det norske is being offered 30% in PL 494. In this license Dana Petroleum has been offered the role as operator, with Bridge Energy as the second partner. The area is situated in the southernmost part of the North Sea, close to PL 356, where Det norske holds 100%.
Det norske is partner in license 502, with an 33.3% stake. StatoilHydro is offered the operatorship, with Petoro as partner. This license is located adjacent to the Ragnarrock discovery in PL 265.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Dana Petroleum more info
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
- Denmark Issues 16 Oil, Gas Licenses (Apr 06)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: Det norske oljeselskap ASA more info
- Det Norske Completes Merger with BP Norge, Creates Aker BP (Sep 30)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit Offshore Norway (Sep 20)
- Det Norske Increases Production Guidance for 2016 (Sep 14)
Company: Svenska Petroleum more info
- Det Norske Buys Svenska Petroleum's Norwegian Business for $75M (Oct 14)
- Det Norske Drills Two Dry Wells (Sep 09)
- Statoil Finds Oil, Gas at Askja (Jan 02)
Company: Skeie Group more info
- Rowan Finalizes Skeie Drilling Transaction (Jul 19)
- Rowan to Buy Three KFELS N-Class Jackups for $1.2B (Jul 01)
- NPD Issues BG Norge Permit for Appraisal Well (Aug 24)
Company: Bayerngas Norge AS more info
- Centrica Merges Oil Business with Bayerngas to Tap Younger Fields (Jul 17)
- NPD Grants Lundin Drilling Permit for Well 16/4-10 (Nov 30)
- Wintershall Completes Takeover of Vega Field in the North Sea (Mar 04)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)