Aker to Supply Offshore Loading Systems for Brazil Ops, Usan FPSO
Aker Solutions has been awarded several contracts for the supply of offshore loading systems and deck machinery. The total contract value for Aker Solutions is approximately NOK 70 million.
The contract awards are from Teekay Corporation, Cosco Nantong Shipyard Co., Ltd. and Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd. for the supply of offshore loading systems. The Cosco contracts consist of bow loading systems and deck machinery for two shuttle tankers being built for Knutsen OAS Shipping. The contract with Hyundai is for an offloading system for the Usan Floating Production and Storage Offloading Unit (FPSO).
"The three shuttle tankers will be fitted with Aker Solutions bow loading systems which enable a safe and secure connection for the hose to the shuttle tanker. This connection can be quickly and safely disconnected in the event of an emergency without creating surge loads in the hose. Two of the shuttle tankers will operate in Brazil, these contracts for Brazilian waters confirm the unique global position of our bow loading systems," said Leif Haukom, President of Aker Pusnes AS.
The offloading system to be delivered by Aker Solutions is a configuration of mooring and offloading equipment at the stern/bow of the FSO/FPSO which allows for offshore transfer of crude oil from the FSO/FPSO to a tanker. The system can operate at rates up to 10 000 m3/hr. Aker Solutions developed the offloading system in the 1980s and it has evolved to become the most reliable and trusted system available. The Usan FPSO will be located offshore Nigeria and operated by Elf Petroleum Nigeria Ltd.
Delivery of the offshore loading systems will take place within Q3 2009 with the exception of the second bow loading system to Cosco which will take place Q2 2010.
The contract party is Aker Solutions' subsidiary Aker Pusnes AS.
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Billionaire Fredriksen Buys Rig, Ends Hyundai Dispute (Mar 13)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
Company: Teekay Shipping more info
- Jurong Shipyard Bags $696M FPSO Conversion Deal for Brazil's Libra Project (Oct 13)
- Petrobras Inks LOI with Odebrecht-Teekay to Charter FPSO for Libra Project (Oct 10)
- Report: Russia's Yamal LNG Chooses Gas Carriers (Apr 23)
Company: Knutsen OAS Shipping more info
- Nido Awards Tindalo Production Equipment Contracts (Feb 25)
- Aker to Supply Offshore Loading Systems for Brazil Ops, Usan FPSO (Dec 18)
- PGS Production Secures Tanker for FPSO Conversion (Jan 12)
Company: COSCO Shipyard more info
- In Brazil, Another Shipyard Goes Bust As Work Returns To Asia (Jul 18)
- Cosco Nantong to Delay Delivery of KS Orient Star 2 to End 2017 (May 13)
- Asian Yards See Weaker Revenues amid Uncertainty in Brazil (Mar 18)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)