Talisman to Drill Sidetrack Well with Gyda Platform Rig
Talisman Energy Norge AS has received consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 2/1-14S from the Gyda platform rig.
Gyda belongs to production license 019B. Start-up of drilling on Gyda will be in December 2008. The well will be drilled as a sidetrack from well 2/1-A-22.
If a discovery is made, well 2/1-14S will become an oil producer.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: Seawell Limited more info
- Seawell, Allis-Chalmers Merger Finalized (Feb 24)
- Seawell to Acquire Allis-Chalmers for $890MM (Aug 13)
- Statoil Extends Production Drilling Contracts (Feb 16)