Talisman Gets Go-Ahead to Use Maersk Guardian on Varg
Talisman Energy Norge AS has received consent to conduct drilling of exploration well 15/12-21S using the jackup drilling rig Maersk Guardian.
The well is part of production license 038 and is located in the Varg area. The closest distance to land (Jaeren) is approximately 235 kilometers.
Well 15/12-21S has the following geographical coordinates:
N 58 degrees 13' 40.474", E 01degrees 52' 56.824". Water depth at the site is about 82 meters.
According to the application for consent, the drilling activity is expected to start in mid-January 2009, at the earliest.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)