RWE Dea Reports on Hydrocarbon Discovery at West Mediterranean Block 1
RWE Dea has announced a further exploration success. The Dekhila-1x well has hit gas and oil in the West Mediterranean Block 1 concession.
Drilling operations on the Dekhila-1x exploration well on the West Mediterranean Block 1 concession have recently been completed. The well, which is located 45 miles offshore within the Nile Delta Basin, was drilled to a depth of 2,706 meters in 1,183 meters of water and found a gross hydrocarbon section of 45 meters at multiple intervals. The well was drilled by the Pride North America.
RWE Dea has held since 2001 a 35 percent working interest in the production sharing arrangement with the Egyptian state company, Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC). The company’s partners are Hess (55 percent) and Kufpec (10 percent).
“The results of Dekhila 1-x in Egypt provide valuable information which will be incorporated into engineering studies for the wider West Mediterranean development," said Hans-Hermann Andreae, General Manager of RWE Dea Egypt.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess Cutting Hundreds of Workers As It Battles Activist Investor (Jan 16)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)