Grenland Inks Engineering, Supervision Contract with Aker
Grenland Group has signed an engineering and supervision contract with Aker Oilfield Services worth approximately NOK 20 million, or around US $3 million.
The contract scope includes detailed design and integration of the well intervention systems onboard Aker Oilfield Services' subsea well service vessel currently under construction.
Grenland Group's engineers in Sandefjord will start working on the project immediately, and the agreement is for two years.
Grenland Group's recent experience from drillship topside design for both Samsung Heavy Industries and Hyundai Heavy Industries is valuable for bringing the design knowledge further from drill ships and vessels into well intervention units.
This vessel is no. two in Aker Oilfield Services's new fleet of subsea well service vessels, and delivery is scheduled for 1Q 2010.
- Hyundai Heavy Plunges by Record on $1.2 Billion Sale Plan (Dec 27)
- World's Top Two Shipyards Signal More Orders as Earnings Improve (Apr 27)
- Billionaire Fredriksen Buys Rig, Ends Hyundai Dispute (Mar 13)
Company: Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) more info
- Samsung Wins Mad Dog 2 Fabrication Contract (Jan 05)
- After 20,000 Job Cuts, World's Top Shipyards Brace for More (Oct 26)
- South Korean Yards Restructure, Trim Workforce (Sep 08)
Company: Grenland Group more info
- Grenland Enters Engineering Agreement with Samsung for Valemon Platform (May 19)
- Grenland Receives LOIs from FMC (Mar 15)
- Grenland Lands FEED Contract for Gullfaks B (Feb 17)
Company: Aker Oilfield Services Ltd more info
- Grenland Inks Engineering, Supervision Contract with Aker (Dec 17)
- Expro Signs LOI for Operation of Light Well Intervention Services (Feb 05)
- Aker Kvaerner Signs Deal with Aker Oilfield Services (Nov 28)