Phase 1 Project of China's Kelameili Gas Field Put into Production
On December 15, the Phase I Project of Kelameili gas field, located in the Junggar Basin in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, was put into commercial production with a daily gas output of 1.5 million cubic meters.
Kelameili gas field is confirmed to have a proven reserve of 100 billion cubic meters, the first reserve of this size ever discovered around the Junggar basin. The gas field is operated by PetroChina Xinjiang Oilfield Company and will be built in two phases, with planned annual capacity for the first phase of one billion cubic meters.
- Sources: PetroChina To Take On Global Rivals In Major Expansion Drive (Dec 18)
- Media: Three Dead After Suspected Gas Leak At PetroChina Refinery (Nov 20)
- PetroChina, Beijing Firm Doubling LNG Storage in Caofeidian as Demand Rises (Nov 06)
Company: CNPC more info
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- CNPC Plans to Cut Gas Supplies to Industrial Users-State Media (Nov 06)
- China's CNPC Starts Third Natural Gas Pipeline To Shanghai (Oct 13)