Tarim Oil Field Achieves 20-Million-Ton Production Milestone
On December 12, Tarim Oilfield, operated by PetroChina Tarim Oilfield Company, achieved an annual production of 20 million tons oil equivalent for the year, making it the fourth 20-million-ton field in China.
Tarim is China's largest petroliferous basin, in which a total of 27 oil and gas fields have been discovered by CNPC since 1989. By far, CNPC has produced accumulatively 72.7 million tons of crude and 55 billion cubic meters of natural gas from Tarim Oilfield.
The field's output was five million tons in 2002 and up to 10 million tons oil equivalent in the year 2005. After another three years, annual production of the field reached 20 million tons oil equivalent, representing a record efficiency in the history of China's oil industry.
Tarim Oilfield serves as a major gas source of the West-East Gas Pipeline. Completion of a number of large-to-medium sized gas fields, such Kela-2 and Yingmaili, provided a resource base for Tarim to deliver 20 billion cubic meters of natural gas per annum for 30 years.
Since the West-East Gas Pipeline being operational five years ago, Tarim Oilfield has totally delivered 43.5 billion cubic meters of gas to 80 cities in 14 Provinces and Municipalities downstream the pipeline, accelerating the transform of China's energy consumption structure.
- Sources: PetroChina To Take On Global Rivals In Major Expansion Drive (Dec 18)
- Media: Three Dead After Suspected Gas Leak At PetroChina Refinery (Nov 20)
- PetroChina, Beijing Firm Doubling LNG Storage in Caofeidian as Demand Rises (Nov 06)
Company: CNPC more info
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- CNPC Plans to Cut Gas Supplies to Industrial Users-State Media (Nov 06)
- China's CNPC Starts Third Natural Gas Pipeline To Shanghai (Oct 13)