J Ray Wins Fast Track Pipeline Contract for ExxonMobil's Malaysia Ops
J. Ray announced that its Malaysian affiliate Barmada McDermott Sdn. Bhd. (“BMD”) has won a fast track transportation and installation contract from ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Malaysia Inc. for the 1.5-mile, 12-inch full well stream (FWS) replacement pipeline between Guntong-C and Guntong-A, off the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia.
J. Ray’s Vice President and General Manager, Scott Cummins said, “We are very pleased to be awarded this fast-track challenging project. ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Malaysia has entrusted BMD with a project that is of great national interest to the Government of Malaysia; it shows their full confidence in our ability to successfully complete the project with utmost urgency and our trademark dedication. “
The existing Guntong-C riser and a section of the existing pipeline will be replaced with a 1.5-mile pipeline riser with tie-in to the existing 12-inch pipeline. A mechanical connector will be used to connect the new pipeline to the remaining section of the existing pipeline.
The project is expected to be completed by the end of 2008.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- ExxonMobil to Lead Construction, Ops of Mozambique LNG Facilities (Dec 13)
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
Company: J. Ray McDermott more info
- J. Ray McDermott Says Hello to New CFO (May 12)
- J. Ray McDermott Secures Fabrication Contract on Gorgon Project (May 06)
- J. Ray Reels in Second Subsea Gig in Vietnam (Apr 06)