SCAN Inks 2D Seismic Acquisition Deal for Offshore Ecuador
SCAN has signed a contract with Petroproduccion Empresa Estatal de Exploracion y Produccion de Petroleos del Ecuador (Petroproduccion), an affiliate of Petroecuador.
The contract signing, which follows the previously announced letter of award (LOA), calls for acquisition of approximately 10,000 Km of 2D seismic offshore Ecuador in support of the government’s plan to develop its hydrocarbon prospects. The ground-breaking survey covers the majority of the Ecuadorian coast with a focus on basins in Esmeraldas, Manabi, Guayas and Santa Elena provinces.
SCAN’s new multi-purpose seismic vessel, the M/V SCAN STIGANDI will be acquiring the program. “This seismic program is a milestone in Ecuador’s strong commitment for expansion of available offshore natural resources and SCAN is honored to be a part of this historic event,” said Kjell Karlsson, vice president of marketing and sales for SCAN in Oslo.
“We are also pleased to be acquiring this program with our newest and most technologically advanced vessel which features state-of-the-art onboard equipment and an 8,000m solid streamer,” he added.
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- Kemp: Oil Price War Inflicts Collateral Damage in Latin America (Feb 09)
- Ecuador's Petroamazonas Seeks Partners to Boost Oil Output (Sep 26)
Company: Petroproduccion more info
- SCAN Inks 2D Seismic Acquisition Deal for Offshore Ecuador (Dec 16)
- Petroproduccion Selects 33 Prospects To Up Output 200,000b/d (Mar 13)
- Petroproduccion Launches Tender for Panacocha Design (Mar 01)
Company: SCAN Geophysical ASA more info
- SCAN Kicks Off 3D Seismic Operations in South America (Jun 18)
- Gold Oil Concludes 2D Seismic on Peruvian Offshore Block Z34 (May 22)
- Gold Oil Taps SCAN for Seismic Acquisition Offshore Peru (Apr 20)