MMA Takes Delivery of Latest Newbuild Vessel En Route to Australia
Mermaid Marine Australia has taken delivery of its latest newbuild vessel the Mermaid Searcher. The vessel is currently en route to Australia having sailed from Hong Kong on Friday, December 12, 2008.
The vessel was constructed specifically for Mermaid Marine through Cheoy Lee, a Hong Kong based shipbuilder with an excellent track record of constructing high quality vessels. The vessel was built at the Guangzhou Panyu Lingshan Shipyard in Southern China to a modified Conan Wu design taking into account the additional requirements for an Australia operated vessel.
The Mermaid Searcher is designed as a multi-purpose vessel in line with MMA’s strategy of providing our clients with a flexible fleet that ensures we are able to continue to meet the ongoing demand for vessel services in our core North West Shelf market. The vessel has a Special Purpose Certificate which allows it to carry up to 34 people and the layout and equipment on board makes it ideally suited to survey, ROV work or cargo operations.
Equipped with Joy Stick control and bow and stern thrusters it has excellent station holding capability to ensure safe and efficient operations for our clients.
The delivery of this vessel represents the ongoing commitment of MMA to increasing its fleet capacity and capability to service the offshore oil and gas industry. The Mermaid Searcher’s first major role is supporting the pipeline installation for Woodside’s Pluto project and it will contribute to earnings in the second half of FY2009.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Guangzhou Shipyard International (GSI) more info
- MMA Takes Delivery of Latest Newbuild Vessel En Route to Australia (Dec 16)
- Construction on COSCO's New Gen Semisub Vessels Begins in Guangzhou (Sep 02)
- Guangzhou Shipyard, DNV Partner for Heavy Lift Job (Nov 28)