AGOCO, NOC Unlock Oil, Gas at Wildcat Well in Libya's Ghadames Basin
On Dec. 15, 2008, NOC announced that its partner the Arabian Gulf Oil Company (AGOCO) made a new oil and gas discovery at the wildcat well D1-NC7A, located in Libya's Ghadames Basin. The well is located approximately 500 kilometers south of Tripoli and 170 kilometers west of the Hamada oil field.
The D1-NC7A discovery well encountered multiple shows from three levels of reservoir formations. At a depth of 8,276 to 8,300 feet in the Upper Acacus sandstone formation, tests flowed oil at a rate of 668 bopd and 22.5 MMcf/d of natural gas. At a vertical depth of 8,936 to 8,924 in the Middle Acacus sandstone formation, tests showed oil flowing at a rate of 500 bopd and 21.1 MMcf/d of natural gas.
In the Lower Acacus sandstone formation with vertical depths ranging from 9,030 to 9,464, multipe tests showed oil flowing from a rate of 790 bopd to 1,251 bopd and gas flowing at a rate of 27.6 MMcf/d to 28.9 MMcf/d. All oil has measured 64.4 degrees API.
- NOC: Libya Needs A Week To Repair Blown-Up Oil Pipeline (Dec 27)
- Engineer: Libya's Sharara Oilfield Still Shut Due To Action By Armed Brigad (Oct 03)
- Libya Oil Output Drops to 5-Month Low on Biggest Field Halt (Oct 02)
Company: Arabian Gulf Oil more info
- Libya AGOCO: ups Output to 290,000 bpd, Natl. Production Over 450,000 bpd (Sep 29)
- Libya's AGOCO Producing 317,000 Bpd, Brega Oil Port Still Closed (Apr 06)
- Arabian Gulf Pounces on Oil at B1-NC4 Wildcat in Libya (Aug 31)