StatoilHydro Drills a Duster at Volve South Prospect
The drilling of the exploration well 15/9-F-15 S on the Volve South prospect in the license PL 046 on the Norwegian continental shelf has now been finalized. The well was drilled into a reservoir section in the Hugin formation to the total depth of 4,090 meters. No hydrocarbons were encountered. The well will now be plugged and abandoned.
This is the first exploration well that has been drilled as part of the ongoing exploration drilling program in the Volve field and the surrounding area. The Volve South prospect was one of three possible prospects with potential upside resources to be explored around the main Volve field.
PA Resources Norway AS has a 10% working interest in the PL 046 license. Operator is StatoilHydro (59.6%) and the other partner is ExxonMobil Exploration and Production Norway (30.4%).
With reference to the press release announced on the December 1, 2008, PA Resources AB has signed a Share Purchase Agreement concerning the sale of the wholly owned subsidiary PA Resources Norway AS including all assets on the Norwegian continental shelf to Bayerngas Norge AS, a subsidiary of the German gas company Bayerngas GmbH.
The license PL 046 is included in the assets concerned. The Sale and Purchase agreement is subject to the necessary approvals by Norwegian authorities, and has an effective date of January 1, 2009.
Operates 15 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Reports Papua New Guinea Discovery (Jan 16)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
Company: Bayerngas Norge AS more info
- Centrica Merges Oil Business with Bayerngas to Tap Younger Fields (Jul 17)
- NPD Grants Lundin Drilling Permit for Well 16/4-10 (Nov 30)
- Wintershall Completes Takeover of Vega Field in the North Sea (Mar 04)
Company: PA Resources more info
- PA Resources Names New CFO (Feb 07)
- PA Resources Raises Funds in Directed New Share Issue (Jun 16)
- PA Resources Turns on Taps at New Didon Well Offshore Tunisia (Jun 10)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)