Norse Confirms Petrobras' Discovery at Copaiba Well Offshore Brazil
Norse Energy, in partnership with Petrobras (Operator), Queiroz Galvao Oil & Gas and El Paso, have announced a discovery in the Copaiba exploration well in the BM-CAL-5 block, Camamu-Almada Basin. Norse has an 18.33% interest in the well.
On November 25th the Operator completed the drilling and flow test of the 1-BRSA-637D-BAS (1-BAS-140D) well in 492 meters water depth. Drilled by Diamond Offshore's Ocean Winner, the well reached a total depth of 3,283 meters.
The well confirmed the presence of oil bearing sandstone reservoir with 21% porosity, without identifying any oil water contact in this interval. The flow test conducted in the 2,755-2,773 meter interval confirmed the presence of 32-degree API oil. Tests results are under analysis together with other geological and geophysical data. In accordance with the established Concession Agreement, the extension and commerciality of the discovery will be appraised in an 'Evaluation Plan' to be submitted to ANP.
Norse Energy CEO Oivind Risberg commented, "It is very encouraging that we now have established a light oil discovery in the Camamu-Almada Basin, even though net pay may be lower than our pre-drill estimate. However, it is still too early to provide accurate information about the size of the discovery, and we look forward to the appraisal process."
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: El Paso more info
- E&Y: 2012 'Record Year' for O&G Deals (Jan 24)
- FTC Approves Kinder Morgan Acquisition of El Paso (May 01)
- Sources: KNOC A Partner in El Paso E&P Acquisition (Mar 19)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Queiroz Galvao more info
Manages 2 Offshore Rigs
- Karoon Contracts Olinda Star Semisub for Drilling in Brazil's Santos Basin (Dec 24)
- QGEP Says Brazil Manati Field Holds 477 Bcf of Gas (Aug 13)
- Mayor: Petrobras Close to Suspending Contract for Two Platforms (Jun 09)
Company: Norse Energy more info
- Norse Set to Sell New York Assets (Jun 20)
- New York Landowners Sue Norse Energy USA Over Leases (May 20)
- Norse Energy Sees Increase in Reserves, Resources (Feb 21)