Maersk Commences Drilling at Gita Prospect Offshore Denmark
Noreco has reported that exploration drilling on the significant Gita prospect offshore Denmark has started.
The well is being drilled by the rig Ensco 101, and the planned total depth for this vertical well is 5,200 meters. Noreco's resource estimate for the well is 433 million barrels of oil equivalents gross. Results from the drilling are expected in first quarter 2009. Noreco owns 12% of the license, and Maersk Oil & Gas is the operator.
Manages 63 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Energy Sees Uptick In Offshore Oil Drilling, Profit Still Squeezed (Feb 20)
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
Company: Norwegian Energy Company (NORECO) more info
- Det Norske to Acquire Noreco's Norwegian Portfolio (Mar 02)
- Noreco Oil UK Receives Huntington License Default Notice (Nov 02)
- Noreco CEO Steps Down (Oct 13)