Petrohawk Turns on Taps for 3 More Haynesville Shale Wells
Petrohawk has placed three additional Haynesville Shale wells on production at a combined rate of 73 Mmcfe/d, one with the highest reported initial production rate of any well in Petrohawk's history, as follows:
- The Brown 17 #4 (69% W.I.), located in Section 17-T16N-R11W, Bossier Parish, Louisiana, was completed on November 18 and produced at a rate of 23.4 Mmcfe/d on a 26/64" choke with 7,700# flowing casing pressure.
- The Goodwin 9 #5 (97% W.I.), located in Section 9-T16N-R11W, Bossier Parish, Louisiana, was completed on November 25 and produced at a rate of 21.1 Mmcfe/d on a 26/64" choke with 6,750# flowing casing pressure.
- The Sample 9 #1 (100% W.I.) is located in Section 9-T14N-R11W, Red River Parish, Louisiana, approximately 12 miles south of Elm Grove Field. It was completed on November 27 and produced at a rate of 28.2 Mmcfe/d on a 30/64" choke with 7,100# flowing casing pressure.
The Company expects to complete five additional Haynesville Shale wells by the end of the year.
- Ex-Petrohawk CEO to Head $550M Re-Capitalized Ram Energy (Dec 22)
- BHP Billiton Completes Petrohawk Acquisition (Aug 26)
- BHP Billiton-Petrohawk Deal Gets Final Nod (Aug 18)