TNK-BP to Supply Oil from Samotlorskoe Field by Pipeline in 2010
The agreement on swap supplies of oil signed by TNK-BP, Rosneft and Transneft in mid 2008 will allow these companies to save up to $50 million a year, Jonathan Kollek Vice President, Sales, Trading and Logistics (STL), TNK-BP, said to journalists.
"The agreement implies supplies of approximately 13 million tons of oil a year till 2015, which will save up to $50 million a year in logistics."
Apart from that, added Kollek, this agreement will help Rosneft fulfill its oil supply obligations to China without construction of pipelines.
In July 2008, Transneft, TNK-BP and Rosneft signed an agreement on swap oil-supply operations. This agreement implies supply of 13 million tons of oil a year from the Vanorskoe field developed by Rosneft to the Ryazan Refinery incorporated into TNK-BP.
In its turn, TNK-BP will supply oil from the Samotlorskoe field to Taishet and further along the Eastern Siberia–Pacific Ocean pipeline and to the Angarsk Refinery owned by Rosneft.
This scheme of supplies will come into force from 2010 when construction of the Eastern Siberia-Pacific Ocean pipeline is completed. Meanwhile, the Eastern Siberia-Pacific Ocean pipeline is reversed and TNK-BP will supply oil from the Verkhnechonskoe field to the Angarsk Refinery.
- Sources: Russia's Rosneft Holds Key To Fixing Iraqi Kurdistan Oil Flows (Mar 05)
- Eni Says Is Drilling In Black Sea Project While Monitoring US Sanctions (Jan 24)
- Russia's Rosneft, In U-Turn, Plans To Bid For Alrosa's Gas Assets (Dec 29)
Company: TNK-BP more info
- Rosneft Board Member Rejects Criticism of TNK-BP Buyout (Oct 04)
- Rosneft: TNK-BP Integration 'Mostly Complete' (Jun 20)
- TNK-BP Acquisition Boosts Rosneft's 1Q Production (Apr 30)
Company: Transneft more info
- Transneft: Russian Oil Product Exports From Black Sea Port 'Collapse' (Feb 21)
- Russia's Transneft: Storm Suspends Oil Loadings From Novorossiisk (Feb 02)
- Transneft Halts Russian Oil Product Pipeline After Spill (Dec 19)