Brunei Shell Recognizes KCA Deutag with 'Land Rig of the Year' Award
International drilling contractor, KCA Deutag's crews on rig T201, working in Brunei, have received recognition from Shell as Best Land Rig in its worldwide fleet for 2008.
Speaking after the award presentation in Rijswijk, The Netherlands, Francisco Chacin, T201 Rig Superintendent for Brunei Shell Petroleum, said, "This achievement is the result of a group of motivated people striving to safely deliver wells at lower costs. We have shown that an inherently risky operation can be conducted in a safe manner, while still pushing ourselves for consistent Top Quartile performance - the best of both worlds. Congratulations to all hands on the rig, without exception. This is really something to be proud of."
Simon Drew, KCA Deutag Area Manager, Asia Pacific and Mexico, said, "This achievement reflects the commitment by all KCA Deutag staff to our all around performance on the rig, achieving extremely low levels of downtime and complying with KCA Deutag's systems in order to maintain a very high standard of safety. Our rig crew teams working on rig T201 in Brunei are to be congratulated on achieving and maintaining the very high standards of excellence required to win this award."
- Norway Strike Threat Increases as Parties Fail to Find Agreement (Jun 08)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- KCA Confirms Plans to Hire 300 Workers in Norway (Mar 30)
Company: Brunei Shell Petroleum more info
- McDermott Secures Brunei's Offshore T&I Contract (Jun 21)
- McDermott Bags Offshore Pipeline Deal for Brunei's Champion, Ampa Fields (Nov 12)
- KCA Deutag Bags Contract to Construct, Operate Land Rig in Brunei for BSP (Jun 23)