Fletcher-3 Spudded and Drilling Ahead in Australia's Dampier Sub-Basin
Tap has provided the following information on the Fletcher-3 appraisal well.
Fletcher-3 is a vertical well being drilled to appraise the eastern part of the Fletcher oil discovery in Exploration Permit WA-191-P. The well is located at latitude 19 degrees 14' 47.79"S and longitude 114 degrees 47' 48.04"E. Water depth at the well location is 152 m.
Fletcher-3 spudded on December 6, 2008 and is currently drilling ahead at a depth of 609 meters measured depth. Fletcher-3 is planned to drill to a total depth of around 2970 meters measured depth and is expected to take around 25 days from arrival on location to rig release.
Fletcher-3 is designed to appraise the Fletcher-1 & 2 oil discovery, initially drilled in July-August 2007. The discovery lies at the northern end of the Dampier Sub-Basin, approximately 17 km east of Santos' producing facilities at the Mutineer and Exeter Fields.
Although of modest size, Fletcher's proximity to existing facilities significantly enhances the economics of a potential development. If Fletcher-3 is successful, it is envisaged that the Fletcher Field would be tied-back subsea to the Mutineer-Exeter FPSO.
Fletcher-3 represents a good opportunity for Tap to participate with increased equity in a moderate risk, potential near-term oil development in the Dampier Sub-basin region of the highly productive Carnarvon Basin.
Fletcher-3 Joint Venture Participants:
Tap has slightly higher equity in Fletcher-3 than in the rest of WA-191-P as Nippon Oil Exploration decided not to participate in the well. Tap, along with Kufpec and Santos, absorbed Nippon's equity pro-rata.
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)