Eni Grabs Stakes in 2 UKCS Licenses Near Laggan, Tormore Discoveries
Eni has been awarded two production licenses in the 25th Oil and Gas Licensing Round of the Department of Energy and Climate Change.
In the West of Shetlands area, Eni (with a 22.5% interest) and its partners in the Tormore discovery (Total E&P UK with 47.5%, DONG E&P with 20%, Chevron North Sea Limited with 10%) have been awarded part of the adjacent Block 205/4. Further north, Eni will have a 22% interest in Blocks 214/17, 214/21b and 214/22. Other partners are Total E&P UK with 56% and DONG E&P with 22%.
These two awards, both operated by Total, represent potential extensions of Eni's development area focussed on its Laggan and Tormore gas condensate discoveries.
The award of these blocks confirms Eni's commitment to actively pursuing exploration opportunities on the UK Continental Shelf and contributing to the development of the North Sea's oil and gas resources.
Eni has been present in the UK since 1964. The company’s current net equity production in the country is approximately 110,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day. Eni is also active in the UK gas storage sector through the very large Hewett offshore gas storage project. Once completed, Hewett has the potential to become Europe's largest storage facility, providing up to 5.5 bcm of working capacity per year and greatly contributing to security of supply.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: Total E & P Ltd more info
- Petrofac Secures 3-Year North Sea Services Contract Extension (May 19)
- NPD Grants Tullow, Total Drilling Permits Offshore Norway (May 18)
- Total, Wintershall Drill Dry Wells Offshore Norway (Mar 02)