Reliance Awards Aker 2nd Phase of Subsea Development for $235MM
Aker Solutions has signed a change order to an existing contract with Reliance Industries Ltd, India, for the second phase of development on the MA-D6 subsea field. Valued at US $235 million, the contract includes the transportation, installation and commissioning of the second phase of the MA-D6 subsea development, including a gas export system and production wells.
Last year, Aker Solutions signed a contract for the first phase of development, including the delivery of a complete subsea production system, including umbilicals, to Reliance Industry's fast-track MA-D6 development. Aker Solutions managed the first phase subsea installation of the field.
The MA-D6 field, located in the Bay of Bengal, produced first oil in record-breaking time from discovery to production on Sept. 17, 2008.
"Reliance Industries is one of the world's fastest growing oil companies and will be a significant player in the Bay of Bengal's deepwater developments. Aker Solutions is proud to be selected as their partner once again," said Egil Boyum, SVP Subsea Systems, Aker Solutions.
The 2nd phase installation is scheduled for completion by the second quarter of 2009. The contract party is Aker Solutions subsidiary, Aker Installation FP AS.
- OPEC's Output Curbs Squeeze World's Biggest Oil Refining Complex (Oct 16)
- India's Reliance Industries 2Q Profit Up 7%, Lags Estimates (Oct 13)
- India's Reliance Sells US Shale Asset for $126 Mln (Oct 06)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)