Lewis, Partners Spud Rosablanca Well in Colombia
Osage announced that Saturday, December 6, drilling commenced on its first exploratory well on the Rosablanca concession in Colombia. Osage is joined in the Rosablanca concession by Gold Oil plc, Lewis Energy Colombia and EMPESA, SA.
"This well is the culmination of a project that was begun almost exactly two years ago," stated Kim Bradford, Chairman and CEO. "We saw the opportunity that Colombia offered and have worked tirelessly since to bring this exploration program to fruition."
"In addition to acquiring a fantastic project, we have been able to bring together a very strong team anchored by our operator, Lewis Energy Colombia. Every partner in the Joint Venture has made a significant contribution in bringing this project from concept to reality," stated Greg Franklin, VP Exploration.
Lewis Energy Colombia's number 3 rig was mobilized from San Antonio, Texas to drill the Rosablanca-1 well. Osage expects to reach total depth of around 3800 feet before the end of December, with testing to follow.
The Rosablanca concession is located in Colombia's Middle Magdalena Valley, the second most highly productive basin in the country, and on trend with several current and historically productive fields. The concession was acquired before the Agencia Nacional de Hidrocarburos (ANH) instituted competitive bidding for concession rights and as such, carries only an eight percent royalty to the government which compares favorably worldwide.
- Pipeline Explosion at Lewis Energy Group Facility Under Investigation (Oct 16)
- BP Deal to Expand US Shale-Gas Operations - Sources (Mar 01)
- Gold Oil Initiating Seismic Acquisition in Rosa Blanca Block (Sep 24)
Company: Gold Oil PLC more info
- Gold Oil In Talks for Partner Offshore Peru (May 08)
- Gold Oil Granted License Extension in Peru (Jan 30)
- Gold Oil Extends Survey, Seeks Farm-In Candidates Offshore Peru (Jul 11)
Company: Osage Exploration and Development, Inc. more info
- Osage Begins Drilling Oklahoma Well (Sep 17)
- Osage Updates Ops at Nemaha Ridge Proj. (Jun 13)
- Osage Commences Drilling Ops at Oklahoma Well (Jun 04)