MODEC's FPSO Song Doc Pride Achieves First Oil
MODEC has announced that the FPSO Song Doc Pride MV19, owned and operated by MODEC and leased to Truong Son Joint Operating Company (TSJOC) achieved first oil from the Song Doc field offshore Vietnam. The five year charter began on November 24, 2008.
"MODEC is pleased to be operating the FPSO on behalf of TSJOC. This is the fifth vessel MODEC has built and delivered offshore Vietnam," said Kenji Yamada, President and CEO of MODEC, Inc. "We are proud to be increasing our market presence in the area."
MODEC was responsible for the engineering, procurement, construction, installation, commissioning of the FPSO, including topsides processing equipment, hull and marine system and a SOFEC spread mooring system.
The FPSO is a converted Panamax tanker and is capable of processing 30,000 barrels of liquids per day and will have an oil storage capacity of 360,000 barrels. It is installed in 55 meters water depth in Block 46/02, approximately 170 kilometers offshore Vietnam.
- Shell Extends MODEC's Contract for FPSO Fluminense to December 2020 (Sep 02)
- Keppel's BrasFELS Completes Project for MODEC's FPSO (Jun 29)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)
Company: Troung Son Joint Operating Co. more info
- MODEC's FPSO Song Doc Pride Achieves First Oil (Dec 08)
- Technics Wins Contract for Gas Compressor Packages (Jan 11)