Wintershall Registers over 95% of Revus' Shares
Following the end of the offer period on December 5, 2008 of the voluntary offer by Wintershall Norwegen Explorations- und Produktions-GmbH dated November 4, 2008 for all the shares of Revus Energy ASA, Norway, (“Revus”), Wintershall has received and registered acceptances for 44,480,495 shares representing 95.12% of the total number of shares in Revus on a fully diluted basis.
Wintershall is pleased to announce that the condition for completion of the offer of more than 90% acceptance is satisfied. Furthermore, Wintershall has concluded that the condition of a non-occurrence of a material adverse change relating to the existing producing assets of the Revus Group, set out in section 2.6 (iv) of the offer document, is satisfied.
"We would like to thank all shareholders of Revus who tendered their shares and thus established an important step towards the complete acquisition of Revus by Wintershall," said Reinier Zwitserloot, Chairman of the Board of Executive Directors of Wintershall Holding AG. Subject to receipt of the necessary approval from the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy, Wintershall expects to complete the transaction until December 19, 2008.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
Company: Revus Energy more info
- StatoilHydro Makes Small Gas Discovery at Canon Prospect (Apr 30)
- RWE Confirms Successful Luno Appraisal Test, Field Extension (Jan 30)
- Spring Energy Snags Stake in North Sea Production License (Jan 28)