Reindeer Project JV Defers Production Development at Devil Creek
Santos announced that the Reindeer Project Joint Venture has decided to defer the development of the Reindeer offshore gas development and the onshore processing facilities to be located at Devil Creek in Western Australia.
The decision was made due to adverse changes in the global economic outlook that have impacted the proposed foundation gas customer.
Deferral of the Reindeer Project will require the suspension or termination of certain engineering and construction contracts. Work however will continue on regulatory approvals to ensure a timely re-start of the project once gas sales agreements that support the development have been agreed.
Santos has a 45% interest in the Reindeer Project. The remaining interest is held by Apache Corporation (55% and Operator).
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Santos Ltd. more info
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)