Russia's Deputy PM Visits Eni to Discuss Cooperation, South Stream
Russia's Deputy Prime Minister Igor Sechin today visited Eni Headquarters in San Donato Milanese, where he met Eni CEO Paolo Scaroni and other executives of the company. Russia's Minister of Energy Sergei Shmatko also attended the summit.
Sechin also visited Snam Rete Gas' dispatching center and was given a presentation of the main activities of Saipem, the oil services company controlled by Eni.
The meeting, which took place in a friendly climate, lies in the framework of the strategic agreements between Eni and Gazprom. Cooperation between the two companies and Eni's development opportunities in Russia were discussed. Eventual cooperation between Saipem and Transneft, Enipower and INTERRAO, was also discussed in the view of strengthening energy cooperation between Italy and Russia.
Parties also agreed that every project between Eni and Gazprom, South Stream, GazpromNeft and Western Siberia gas assets included, will be implemented as soon as possible.
- Court Rejects PGniG's Attempt To Limit Gazprom's Use Of Opal Pipeline (Oct 13)
- Russia's Gazprom Signs LNG Supply Deal With Ghana (Sep 18)
- Gazprom Says Sanctions Won't Stop Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Project (Aug 30)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)
Company: Transneft more info
- Transneft Says Its Computers Were Used For Mining Cryptocurrency (Dec 15)
- Transneft: Oil Supplies to Lukoil's Norsi Refinery Suspended Due to Fire (Oct 05)
- Russia's Transneft and Rosneft Squabble Over Oil Contract Terms (Dec 29)