StatoilHydro Awarded Operatorship for Largest-Ever Offshore Faroese License
StatoilHydro was awarded operatorship of a large exploration area in the third Faroese Licensing Round.
StatoilHydro has a 50% stake in the license. The partners are DONG (30%), Faroe Petroleum (10%) and Atlantic Petroleum (10%). The area covers 5312 square kilometers, the largest license ever to be awarded in Faroese waters. No drilling commitments are imposed under the license, but StatoilHydro will gather seismic on the acreage. It has three to six years to decide whether to drill an exploration well.
StatoilHydro already has four operatorships on the Faroese continental shelf and is partner in one, which is operated by Chevron.
In addition StatoilHydro has a 30% equity in the Rosebank discovery on the UK continental shelf, 15 km from the UK/Faroese median line, where the partners are currently drilling a fourth appraisal well.
"With this additional license StatoilHydro has an even stronger position in the Faroe Islands," said Runi M Hansen, head of StatoilHydro operations on the Faroe Islands and Greenland.
StatoilHydro plans to proceed with seismic acquisition on the newly awarded license and integrate the results in the ongoing geological and geophysical work program. A positive outcome of the evaluation will lead to the drilling of a well in one of the licenses.
- European Oil Majors Seek To Harness US Offshore Wind (Aug 01)
- Billionaire Ratcliffe Hunts Oil to Repeat Chemicals Empire Build (May 24)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Faroe Petroleum more info
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Drilling of Well at Fogelberg Gas Discovery to Start in Feb/March -Centrica (Sep 01)
- Japan's JX To Sell North Sea Oil Field Stake To Faroe Petroleum (Jul 28)
Company: Faroese Petroleum Administration more info
- StatoilHydro Awarded Operatorship for Largest-Ever Offshore Faroese License (Dec 08)
- Faroe Petroleum Lands 2 New Offshore Faroese Licenses (Dec 08)
- Faroes Signs Interim Agreement for Northern Continental Shelf Boundaries (Sep 26)
Company: Atlantic Petroleum more info
- Atlantic Petroleum Production Drops (Jan 06)
- Atlantic Petroleum Continues to Increase Production (Sep 02)
- Atlantic Petroleum more than Doubles Production in July 2015 (Aug 04)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)