Deep Well Spuds First of 7 Wells on Sawn Lake Oil Sands Project
Deep Well has successfully spudded the first of the planned seven wells of the Sawn Lake Project. The location is located at 12-14-092-13W5 in the Peace River Oil Sands. The depth to be drilled is 682 meters (2,238 feet).
Deep Well and its subsidiaries Northern Alberta Oil Ltd. and Deep Well Oil & Gas (Alberta) Ltd. have a 100% working interest in 6 contiguous sections of a P&NG license, an 80% working interest, in 51 contiguous sections of oil sands development leases, 40% working interest in an additional 12 sections of oil sands development leases and an 80% working interest in 6.5 sections of oil sands permits in the Sawn Lake heavy oil area in North Central Alberta.
The permits and leases cover 47,759 acres. Degolyer and MacNaughton Canada Limited ("D&M"), an independent engineering company, has summarized the original oil in place for the Sawn Lake Project. D&M have concluded that net to Deep Well there are 1.2 billion barrels of oil in place, based on mapping generated for the appraisal report.
- Deep Well Welcomes New Members to Board (Mar 09)
- Deep Well Appoints Donald Wayne to Board of Directors (Sep 22)
- Deep Well Converts 5 Oil Sands Permits to Leases, Mulls Devt Options (May 12)
Company: DeGolyer & MacNaughton more info
- Brazil's OGX Says Field May Have Third of Expected Oil (Oct 03)
- Brazil-West African Connection Sparks Subsalt Oil Search (Apr 09)
- Rosneft's Total Proved Reserves Up 2.5% (Feb 08)