Drilling of 2 Production Wells to Commence at Oseberg Sor J Structure
StatoilHydro has been granted consent to use the semisub Bideford Dolphin for production drilling of two wells on Oseberg Sor.
The consent applies to the drilling of wells 30/9-J-15H/AH and 30/9-J-13AH (oil producers) on the Oseberg Sor J structure.
According to the consent application, start-up is scheduled for January 1, 2009 and estimated duration of the drilling activity is 160 days.
The Bideford Dolphin is a semisubmersible Aker H-3 drilling facility built in 1975 and operated by Dolphin AS.
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)