Norske Shell to Drill North Sea Exploration Well with Leiv Eriksson
A/S Norske Shell has been granted consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 6603/12-1 with the semisub Leiv Eriksson.
The well is part of production license 326 and is located in the Norwegian Sea approximately 370 kilometers west of Sandnessjoen.
According to the consent application, the estimated start-up of the drilling activity will be mid-December 2008, at the earliest. The planned duration of the activity is approximately 100 days.
Leiv Eriksson is owned and operated by Ocean Rig AS. The facility received a new Acknowledgement of Compliance on July 11, 2008.
Operates 29 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Ocean Rig more info
Manages 14 Offshore Rigs
- Avenue Capital Urges Ocean Rig To Hire Advisers (Oct 17)
- Rig Contractor Ocean RIG Files For Bankruptcy Protection In US (Mar 28)
- Ocean Rig Acquires an Ultra Deepwater Drillship for $65M (Apr 27)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)