Seadrill Snags $378MM Drilling Rig Contract Offshore Angola
Seadrill has been awarded a new contract by Cabinda Gulf Oil Company Ltd (Chevron) for development drilling offshore Angola with the semi-tender rig West Berani II, which is currently under construction.
The contract has a duration of five years with commencement in the first quarter 2010, subsequent to delivery from the yard. Estimated contract value is approximately US $378 million, including mobilization, demobilization and minor upgrades.
Alf C Thorkildsen, Chief Executive Officer in Seadrill Management AS, said, "We are pleased to have signed yet another term contract for one of our tender rigs. Based on our operation track record and position in the tender rig market we expect to continue to grow our order backlog and earnings visibility even in today's market."
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Angola LNG Production Setback Prompts Tender Cancellation (Jan 08)
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)