Petrobras Unlocks Unconfirmed Tot Discovery Offshore Brazil
Petrobras has made a discovery at the Tot exploration well, 1-ESS-185D, located in the ES-5 block offshore Brazil. The well was drilled by Scorpion's Offshore Defender jackup rig.
The well is located 30 kilometers offshore in 61 meters of water, and was drilled to a total vertical depth of 4,521 meters. Preliminary evaluation of logs and core analysis suggests a reservoir thickness similar to the main objective in the Camarupim development on the south end of the block. Continuing formation evaluation, including possible drill stem tests, will be forthcoming.
Through its Brazilian E&P subsidiary, El Paso has a 35% working interest in the Petrobras-operated well.
"We are delighted to report a new discovery in the ES-5 block along with excellent progress on the Camarupim development project," said Brent Smolik, president of El Paso Exploration and Production. "In 2009, we will begin to realize the benefits of our successful exploration efforts in Brazil, and our production there will become an increasingly important part of our future production and reserve growth."
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: El Paso more info
- E&Y: 2012 'Record Year' for O&G Deals (Jan 24)
- FTC Approves Kinder Morgan Acquisition of El Paso (May 01)
- Sources: KNOC A Partner in El Paso E&P Acquisition (Mar 19)
Company: Scorpion Offshore more info
- Seadrill's Mandatory Offer to Purchase All Scorpion Shares (Jul 15)
- Seadrill Increases Ownership in Scorpion Offshore (May 31)
- UPDATE: Ensco Ends Partial Offer for Scorpion Offshore (May 28)