Chevron Australia Honors I-Tech with 'Outstanding Contractor Award'
Subsea 7, through its i-Tech division, announced that its ROV team onboard the semisubmersible Ocean Bounty has been honored by Chevron Australia with an "Outstanding Contractor Award" at the operator's Contractor Health, Environment and Safety Management Forum.
The award was presented by Chevron Australia Managing Director Roy Krzywosinski in front of more than 180 attendees, who included representatives from Chevron, other operators and major contracting companies.
The contractor safety forum was Chevron Australia's second for the year. It was, however, the first to include award presentations to contracting firms that demonstrated an outstanding commitment to meeting Chevron's Incident and Injury Free expectations.
i-Tech was recognized for "the successful planning and execution of the ROV operations on Chevron's 2008 Ocean Bounty rig campaign for Wheatstone." The team onboard the rig were particularly singled out for their "dedication to safety" and "looking out for each other" across all members of the rig team, which resulted in incident and injury free operations on the rig.
This award comes on the back of i-Tech's Asia-Pacific business having recently achieved a momentous milestone of four years without a lost time incident (LTI) across all onshore and offshore operations.
i-Tech's Managing Director Neil Milne commented, "I am delighted that our HSE performance has been recognised by Chevron and I would like to congratulate the Ocean Bounty crew and management for their efforts and diligence on this project. I would also like to extend my congratulations to all the offshore crews and onshore support teams in the region that have contributed to achieving the four year LTI-free milestone, which has reinforced our commitment to our core values of providing a service that is Safe, Clean, Smart, Fair, Anywhere."
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- Oil Producers Want New Hearing on Impact of Magellan Proposal (Jan 17)
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)
Company: i-Tech more info
- i-Tech Wins 5-Year ROV Contract Onboard La Muralla III (Oct 22)
- Tullow Chooses i-Tech for 5-Year ROV Services at Jubilee Field (Aug 12)
- Chevron Australia Honors I-Tech with 'Outstanding Contractor Award' (Dec 03)