StatoilHydro Gets Go-Ahead to Drill New Well Between Gimle and Visund
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has issued a drilling permit to StatoilHydro ASA for wellbore 34/8-14 C, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
The drilling program for wellbore 34/8-14 C relates to the drilling of an appraisal well in production license 120.
The well will be drilled from the Borgland Dolphin semisubmersible drilling rig at position 61 degrees 18' 37.794" North and 02 degrees 20' 32.741 East, after completing appraisal well 34/8-14 A. The well will be drilled on the 34/8-14 S discovery.
The area in this license consists of block 34/8, between the Gimle and Visund fields in the North Sea.
StatoilHydro ASA is the operator with a 59.06% ownership interest. The other licensees are Petoro AS with 16.94%, ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS with 13% and Total E&P Norge AS with 11%.
The drilling permit is conditional on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Petoro more info
- Iceland's Oil Dream in Peril as China, Norway Give Up Last Block (Jan 23)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)