Schlumberger Unveils New Downhole Fluid Measurements
Schlumberger has announced the release of the InSitu Family* reservoir fluid measurements. These measurements are acquired with the InSitu Fluid Analyzer* system, which delivers the next generation of measurements for real-time downhole fluid analysis (DFA).
Today the InSitu Family portfolio comprises seven measurement services:
- InSitu Composition* hydrocarbon fluid composition measurement
- InSitu GOR* reservoir fluid gas/oil ratio measurement
- InSitu CO2* reservoir fluid CO2 measurement
- InSitu Density* reservoir fluid density measurement
- InSitu Color* reservoir fluid color measurement
- InSitu Fluorescence* reservoir fluid fluorescence measurement
- InSitu pH* reservoir fluid pH measurement
Quantitative fluid measurements that were previously unachievable from wireline technology are now possible downhole and in real time. By investigating fluids at the reservoir, a deeper insight to fluid composition and distribution is gained for improved reservoir understanding.
"Operators no longer have to wait for samples to be returned to the surface for analysis," said Zied Ben Hamad, marketing and technology manager, Schlumberger Wireline. "This real-time information helps operators confirm assumptions on reservoir compartmentalization and make informed decisions on completion and surface facility design."
Fluid Profiling* analysis with InSitu Family measurements gives further insight to reservoir fluid distribution and variation. This is made possible with the Schlumberger Quicksilver Probe* focused fluid extraction tool that acquires reservoir fluid with ultra-low or no contamination for InSitu Fluid Analyzer DFA. Characterization of the reservoir fluid system is extended from a single well to multiple-well (field-based) applications, such as quantifying compositional gradients and identifying zonal connectivity.
In development for five years, the InSitu Family portfolio has been field tested worldwide. For additional information, visit www.slb.com/insitu.
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Top Oilfield Services Firms Signal Fourth-Quarter Uncertainty (Oct 20)