BP Awards WorleyParsons EPMS Contract for GOM Facilities
WorleyParsons has been selected as the preferred brownfield Engineering and Project Management Services (EPMS) provider for BP's Gulf of Mexico (GOM) offshore topsides facilities. The services will be delivered under the global EPMS contract which was awarded by BP in June 2008 for a four year term with an option to extend.
The assets covered by the services will include Atlantis, Holstein, Horn Mountain, Mad Dog, Marlin, Na Kika and Pompano. The scope will involve brownfield topsides modifications for these producing assets, as well as topsides work associated with tiebacks executed by the BP GOM Subsea Projects Group.
The contract commences immediately and the services will be delivered from WorleyParsons office in Houston’s energy corridor. It is anticipated that the WorleyParsons team will rapidly grow to more than 300 personnel for the term of the contract.
The primary focus of the contract is to support BP's offshore GOM assets safely and consistently in order to deliver technical integrity and long term operating efficiency.
Commenting, the Chief Executive Officer of WorleyParsons, John Grill, said, "This award reinforces our commitment to Houston as a major centre for our offshore business. It enables us to deliver the core brownfield capability that we have developed and refined over the past thirty years. We welcome the opportunity to provide high quality EPMS services in order to create long term superior value for BP and its partners."
Operates 32 Offshore Rigs
- BP: 2017 'Massive' Year for Global Upstream Projects (Dec 07)
- BP Seeks Stake In Cairn Energy Senegal Assets (Nov 20)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
Company: WorleyParsons more info
- TCO Awards EPCM Support Services Deal for Tengiz Expansion Project to KPJV (Jul 12)
- WorleyParsons Bags EPCM Contract for BP-Operated Assets in Caspian Region (Apr 14)
- WorleyParsons Lands Deal for Ophir's Fortuna Project in Equatorial Guinea (Apr 13)