Shell JV Spies Gas at Browse Basin's Libra-1
Nexus has advised that on December 2, the Libra-1 exploration well in exploration permit AC/P41 in the Browse Basin, offshore Western Australia, had reached 3,918 meters total vertical depth sub-sea (TVDSS) in a 8 1/2 inch hole.
Based on logging while drilling (LWD) data, and gas shows, the well has encountered gas in a series of thick sand packages over a vertical section in excess of 180 meters gross. Further wireline logging and pressure data is required to determine reservoir quality, column height and hydrocarbon composition. The Ocean Epoch semisubmersible rig is drilling the exploration well which is operated by Shell Development (Australia) Pty Ltd on behalf of the joint venture.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Nexus Energy more info
- Nexus Resumes Production at Longtom-4 Well in Gippsland Basin (Mar 12)
- Nexus Updates on Plans to Divest its Crux, Longtom Assets in Australia (Feb 21)
- Santos Suspends Production at Patricia-Baleen Gas Processing Plant (Jan 14)