BUE Caspian Picks Up BP President's Award for Safety in Azerbaijan
BUE Caspian, a wholly owned subsidiary of Renaissance Services SAOG, has been awarded the coveted BP President's Award for Safety in Azerbaijan.
The M.V. Baki, an emergency recovery and response vessel (ERRV) was on-station at the Central Azeri platform in the Caspian Sea when the master received a call from the offshore installation manager informing him that a gas leakage was suspected and that all the 211 persons on the platform were to be evacuated. Within one and a half hours all personnel were safely transferred from the platform to the M.V. Baki and transported to the SPS Base in Baku Azerbaijan. This is the largest evacuation of personnel from an offshore installation. The M.V. Baki is one of the 91 vessels in the Renaissance Offshore Support Vessel (OSV) fleet.
A spokesman for Renaissance said, "Safety is an absolute priority throughout our group and we always value any awards and recognition achieved by people and companies in the Renaissance family."
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- Owners of Louisiana-Illinois Pipeline Eye Reversal Next Steps (Dec 21)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
Company: Renaissance Services SAOG more info
- Renaissance to Operate 7 Vessels Offshore Turkmenistan (Oct 26)
- Renaissance Services Gains 7.6% Revenue Increase (Aug 12)
- Topaz Wins 10-Year Contract to Support Kashagan Devt Program (Jun 01)