Stratic Commences Drilling at Cairngorm in the UKCS
Stratic, as license operator, announced that drilling operations have commenced at the Cairngorm discovery area (Stratic 50%) in UKCS blocks 16/2b and 16/3d on November 29, 2008. Stratic's co-venturer in this well is Nippon Oil Exploration and Production UK Limited (50%).
The Cairngorm well, 16/2b-5, is Stratic's first operated well in the UKCS. Drilling operations are underway with the Byford Dolphin semisubmersible drilling unit and are expected to continue for 50-60 days. The primary target of the 16/2b-5 well is to appraise multiple fracture zones in the granite reservoir which are thought to have been damaged in the 16/3a-11z discovery well which flowed at rates in excess of 2000 bopd. The 16/2b-5 well has additional secondary exploration objectives in the overlying Palaeocene and Eocene sections.
Mark Bilsland, Stratic's Chief Operating Officer commented, "The start of operations at the Cairngorm well marks a significant key milestone for Stratic. This well is our first operated well in the UKCS and we anticipate testing the potentially high productivity of this fractured granite reservoir in early 2009."
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)
Company: Dolphin Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Anadarko Terminates Drilling Contract for Belford Dolphin Drillship (Mar 16)
- Cairn Postpones Spanish Point Drill Due to Rig Delays (Jul 09)
- Newbuild Bolette Dolphin Drillship Unveils in South Korea (Jun 20)
Company: Stratic Energy more info
- EnQuest Commences Drilling at West Don Field (Aug 09)
- EnQuest Increases Reserves in North Sea with Stratic Acquisition (Aug 03)
- Stratic Highlights 1Q10 Financial, Operational Results (May 28)