TAQA Cashes in on Shell, ExxonMobil's UK North Sea Assets
Shell U.K. Limited (Shell), Esso Exploration and Production UK Limited, (ExxonMobil), Mobil North Sea LLC (ExxonMobil) and Enterprise Oil U.K. Limited (Shell) have completed the final sale and transfer of a number of northern North Sea assets to TAQA Bratani Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Abu Dhabi National Energy Company PJSC (TAQA).
The assets include equity and operatorship of Tern, Kestrel, Eider, Pelican, Cormorant North and South Cormorant fields (TENC-CA) and related infrastructure, a non-operated interest in Hudson, and equity interests in the Sullom Voe Terminal and Brent System.
TAQA Bratani will assume responsibility for the decommissioning liabilities relating to these fields and infrastructure.
This concludes the transaction for which, Sale and Purchase Agreements were signed between the parties on 7th July 2008.
TAQA has appointed John Wood Group PLC (Wood Group) as their initial operating and maintenance contractor and initial Duty Holder.
A total of 133 Shell staff transferred employment to TAQA Bratani Limited in accordance with the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE) as of December 1, 2008.
Tom Botts, Executive Vice President, Shell Exploration & Production in Europe, said, "Active management of our assets is a key part of Shell's portfolio-based strategy. At Shell, we are committed to focus on where we can best use our people, capital and technologies, for competitive long-term returns. On a global basis Shell remains committed to Europe and the North Sea as a core business area and holds a key strategic position in security of energy supply to the UK."
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
- ExxonMobil to Evaluate Offshore Mauritania Blocks (Dec 04)
- ExxonMobil To Merge Refining And Marketing Divisions (Dec 01)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Abu Dhabi National Energy Co.(TAQA) more info
- UAE Energy Firm TAQA Posts Wider Q3 Loss On Oil Price Slump (Nov 09)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA To Price Weds Tap Of Existing 2021, 2026 Bonds (Oct 12)
- Abu Dhabi's TAQA Q2 Net Loss Widens To $160M (Aug 10)