Malvern, Onaero 2D Seismic Surveys Completed
Austral Pacific noted that seismic acquisition for the Malvern and Onaero 2D seismic surveys has been completed.
The Malvern seismic survey in PEP 38524 (offshore D'Urville Island, 20% interest) was completed in mid November. A total of 406kms of 2D data was acquired. Austral is fully funded through the seismic survey by Australian Worldwide Exploration Ltd, in accordance with a farm-in agreement announced on June 4, 2008. AWE holds the remaining 80% of the permit and operates the joint venture.
In the onshore Taranaki, acquisition of the Onaero 2D seismic survey was completed last week. A total of 14kms of 2D data was acquired over the Onaero Prospect (PEP 38746). Austral Pacific is the operator of the PEP 38746 joint venture and holds an 83.38 percent interest in the permit.
Results from the seismic surveys are expected to be available early in the New Year.
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Austral Pacific Energy Ltd. more info
- Austral Pacific Files 2008 Annual Results (Mar 26)
- Austral Pacific Revises NZ Reserves Estimates (Feb 16)
- Malvern, Onaero 2D Seismic Surveys Completed (Dec 01)