CNOOC & ConocoPhillips Score Two Discoveries in Bohai Bay
CNOOC and its PSC partner, Phillips China Inc., scored two additional exploration discoveries in Bohai Bay.
Two new discoveries, PL 19-9-1 and PL13-1-1, are both located in Block 11/05 of central Bohai Bay.
The successful well PL19-9-1, 2 miles east of PL19-3 oilfield, encountered 31 meters (102 feet) of net hydrocarbon pay.
Another successful well, PL13-1-1, 18 miles north of PL 19-3, penetrated about 40 meters of net pay. Additional appraisal wells are planned.
"This is yet another evidence that the PSC is delivering winning results for all parties involved, for contractors who are willing to risk capitals, for China who benefit from increased productions to fuel its growth, and for CNOOC who is targeting more visible growth," said Mr. Cao Yunshi, the General Counsel of the Company.
Under the Production Sharing Contract, the Company has the right to acquire up to a 51% working interest at no cost in any commercial discoveries in the block.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: CNOOC more info
- ExxonMobil Reports More Offshore Guyana Success (Jan 05)
- CNOOC 3Q Revenue Rises; Only Halfway To 2017 Spending Goal (Oct 25)
- CNOOC Completes Test Runs at Huizhou Refinery in Guangdong - Report (Oct 09)