Transocean Leader to Spud New Voring Wildcat Well
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has issued a drilling permit to StatoilHydro Petroleum for wellbore 6605/1-1, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 6605/1-1 will be drilled from the Transocean Leader semisubmersible drilling rig at position 66 degrees 48' 23.7" N and 05 degrees 10' 32.2" E.
The drilling program for wellbore 6605/1-1 relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 328. StatoilHydro Petroleum AS is the operator with 42.5%, and with Gaz de France 30%, Norske Shell AS 7.5% and Petoro AS with 20% as the other licensees.
The well will be drilled in the Voring Basin, about 352 km northwest of Bronnoysund, 30 km southeast of well 6704/12-1 (Gjallar) and 55 km northwest of 6605/8-1 (Stetind 1). Production license 328 was awarded in the 18th licensing round on the Norwegian shelf in 2004.
Wildcat well 6605/1-1 is the first well in production license 328.
The drilling permit is conditional upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)