NPD Approves StatoilHydro's Drilling of New Well in PL 376
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted StatoilHydro ASA a drilling permit for wellbore 35/6-1S, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Wellbore 35/6-1S will be drilled from the Ocean Vanguard semisubmersible drilling rig at position 61 degrees 32' 2.923" North and 03 degrees 54' 40.819" East, after it completes the drilling of wildcat well 6608/10-12 for StatoilHydro ASA in production license 128.
The drilling program for wellbore 35/6-1S relates to the drilling of a wildcat well in production license 376.
StatoilHydro ASA is the operator with a 60% ownership interest. The other licensees are Gaz de France Norge AS with 20%, Faroe Petroleum Norge AS and E.ON Ruhrgas Norge AS, both with 10% shares.
The area in this license consists of all of block 35/6, as well as the northwest part of block 35/9. The license was awarded in APA 2005, and this is the first well to be drilled in the license.
The drilling permit is conditional on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- New Contracts Drive Diamond Offshore's Profit Beat; Shares Rise (Oct 30)
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: StatoilHydro more info
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
- Samsung Heavy Industries Lands Statoil FSU Construction Contract (Sep 14)
- First Movers in Eco-Drilling: Going 'Dope'-less (Apr 25)
- StatoilHydro Delays Hammerfest LNG Start Up (Nov 23)