Ensco 107 Gears Up at Maari Oilfield, First Oil Expected in February
Initial drilling of the Maari oil field production wells by the Ensco 107 jack-up drill rig has made good progress in the second half of November.
The US$600 million OMV-operated project in offshore south Taranaki is forecast to produce 50 million barrels of crude oil at up to 35,000 barrels a day.
The Australian stock exchange-listed Horizon Oil Ltd, which is a joint venture partner in the Maari project, said that the rig had hammered ten 30" 'stove-pipes' some 36 meters (m) into the seabed below the wellhead platform base.
The stove-pipe installation progressed smoothly ahead of schedule. It marked completion of the first phase of development drilling. Ensco 107 will drill 5 oil development wells and 3 water injection wells into the main Moki sands at Maari.
The next phase well drilling was installation of 24" conductor casings, into eight well slots, to a depth of 260 m. This was programed to take some 14 days.
After installing the conductors, the Ensco 107 will then batch-drill the first three oil production wells.
The Maari field is located in PMP 38160, some 40 km south of the Maui gas field.
First oil is expected around mid February 2009, when the first development well is expected to be completed.
Partners in the development are: OMV 69%, Todd Energy 16%, Horizon 10% and Cue Energy Resources 5%.
Manages 63 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: OMV more info
- OMV Ramps Up Search For Gas In Austria (Jan 29)
- Qatargas Signs Deal To Deliver LNG To Austria's OMV (Dec 20)
- CEO: OMV To Become Bigger, Grow Marketing Outside Of Europe (Dec 20)
Company: Cue Energy Resources more info
- Sampang JV Approves Project to Extend Field Life by 2 Years to 2020 (Sep 22)
- SKK Migas Extends Exploration Period for East Kalimantan's Mahakam PSC (May 04)
- NOPTA Approves Cue's WA-359-P Work Program Suspension, Extends Permit Term (Apr 14)
Company: Todd Energy more info
- Cue Updates on Drilling at Te Kiri North-1 Well in NZ's Taranaki Basin (Jan 20)
- Te Kiri North-1 Well Onshore NZ Spuds (Dec 17)
- Ensco 107 Prepares to Demobilize from Maari Field Offshore New Zealand (Jul 07)