China, Cuba to Fully Cooperate in Oil & Gas Sector
On November 25 in La Habana, CNPC Vice President Wang Dongjin and CUPET President Fidel Rivero Prieto inked a framework agreement on further cooperation in the oil sector, which is a practical implementation of President Hu Jintao's instruction on promoting oil and gas cooperation between China and Cuba during his state visit in Cuba.
According to the agreement, the cooperation between CNPC and CUPET will cover oil and gas field development, engineering and technical services and petroleum equipment exportation.
Wang Dongjin met with Yadira Garcia Vera, member of the Politburo of the Central Committee of the Cuban Communist Party and Cuba's Basic Industry Minister, on the same day. They compared notes and reached common understanding on the full cooperation between the two sides in the oil sector.
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- CNPC Plans to Cut Gas Supplies to Industrial Users-State Media (Nov 06)
- China's CNPC Starts Third Natural Gas Pipeline To Shanghai (Oct 13)
Company: Cupet more info
- Putin: Russia's Rosneft To Explore For Offshore Oil In Cuba (Jul 11)
- Pluspetrol Spuds First '09 Well in Cabinda South Block (Nov 17)
- Lacula Farms-Out Interest to Cupet Onshore Angola (Nov 03)